Well, you guessed it. I was in the hospital this week with a routine Crohn’s disease flare up. The sad part about a flare up for me at this point is that, yes, it can be painful, the iv meds can take a lot out of you, and you lose a week of your life just sitting in bed waiting for the medications to do their thing so you can recover. I’m pretty sure all of my friends were tired of my strings of random Facebook posts and shares from Buzzfeed. But when you’re being given a good shot of painkiller every few hours, opening up and reading the great American novel isn’t exactly something you have time to do before you pass out for another nap. For these circumstances, I adore the internet and the iPad.
One thing I was able to do is figure out exactly what I want to do with this blog. While I was a large user of LiveJournal once upon a time, I want to create something professional, informative, academic, as well as entertaining. So here is a bit of what you’ll be expecting from me in the coming weeks…
- Sunday Funday posts! These will be posts where I summarize what’s been going on personally for me career-wize, academic-wize, and any other little tidbits that may be fun to put out there.
- Article shares in regards to writing, libraries, and any other bits of academia as I see fit to get out there and spread.
- Progress on novels and projects from my end. Stay tuned for releases on Lore: the Legend of River!
- Any upcoming events that you won’t want to miss.
- Book reviews! Shared via my account with GoodReads!
- Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera…
Can’t wait to get blogging again. Let me know if there’s anything you would especially see on the site!